Monday, January 7, 2008

12 New Books!

I have been busy buying and selling books lately. Of course my buying is faster than my selling. I bought 12 and sold 5. So far I received 4 of my new books and I have one almost finished. One chapter left.

I love to read books cover to cover, but I have a toddler who demands attention between paragraphs. She also comes to me and shuts my book and says "All done". She prefers that I read her books to her rather than poke my nose in my own books.

Right now I am reading "Passing" by Nella Larsen. It was first published in 1929. I am really enjoying it as it is making me think about how the world is still stuck in a mental rut, and what life must have felt like living back then. It is about three black women who "pass" themselves off as white women. Sure is interesting social commentary and sadly, still rings true. I love the characters in this novel. I highly recommend the book.

No comments: